06 Jan The Ultimate Recipe For Easy Homemade Pizza Dough
Picture this: it’s a Saturday night, your family is hungry, and you want to make a recipe that’s fun, easy, and tasty for everyone! So what should you make? The answer: homemade pizza! Everyone loves a great pizza, but there’s no greater joy than making it yourself! We usually grab frozen dough already made at the supermarket. Here in Hilton Head, the local Publix has an awesome selection for easy pizza making later in the week! But what if you wanted to make your own easy to prepare dough that’s not only simple to prepare, but tastes better?
Ever since you got a gas-fired outdoor pizza oven, you might want to make pizza once a week or if it’s not that, you use it to cook with on a regular basis. So how about taking your new oven for a spin with a great recipe? You may have already tried multiple recipes at some point, only to be disappointed with failed dough and a waste of time.
We’ve tried many, many so called easy pizza dough recipes only to be disappointed. So, if you’re looking to make homemade, easy pizza dough for your friends and family, here’s the best and easiest recipe we have found! It’s from Sam at Sugar Spun Run. You don’t need any fancy flours, spices, or equipment for this. You only need 6 ingredients, a large bowl, and 30 minutes to let your dough rise. Kneading the dough afterwards is simple too, only taking about 3-5 seconds! Being such a simple recipe, you can use all-purpose flour for a softer dough or use bread flour for a crispier taste.
Now let’s get into it!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Rising Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 13-15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Ingredients for 1 12 inch Pizza Dough:
- 2 – 2⅔ cups all purpose flour OR bread flour (divided)
- 1 pack instant yeast (2 ¼ teaspoon)
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil + additional for preference
- ¾ cups warm water*
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoon garlic powder and/or dried basil leaves (optional)
Note: *Use water that’s 105-115F (40-46C) so you don’t accidentally kill your yeast.
Instructions For Easy Pizza Dough:
- Pour 1 cup flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add in garlic powder and dried basil if you’d like.
- Add in warm water and olive oil. Use a wooden spoon and stir until it’s very well mixed.
- Slowly pour in another 1 cup of flour and begin mixing. While stirring, add in more flour if needed until the dough starts to peel away from the side of the bowl. The dough should be in a single, elastic ball at this point and be manageable with your hands, although it will be slightly sticky.
- In a separate, large bowl, cover it with olive oil and use a pastry brush to cover the entire inside of the bowl.
- With clean hands, lightly cover your hands with flour and form the ball into a round shape. Transfer the rolled dough ball into the oil-covered bowl. Roll the ball along the side of the bowl until it’s coated in olive oil. Tightly cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep in a warm place.
- Let the dough rise in the bowl for 30 minutes.
- After letting it rise, gently deflate the ball with your hands and and move it to a lightly floured surface or freeze for later.
Now that your dough is ready, you can move onto making your pizza now or freeze it for baking later in the week! If you want to finish making it, just follow below:
- Knead the dough until it’s smooth (around 3-5 times).
- Either with your hands or rolling pin, work the dough into a 12 inch circle.
- Move the dough to a pizza pan lined in parchment paper. Depending on your preference, pinch the edges or fold them over into a thicker crust.
- Pour 1 Tablespoon of olive oil onto the pizza. Use a pastry brush to cover the whole surface and crust with olive oil.
- Using a fork, poke holes all over the center of your pizza so it doesn’t form bubbles in the oven.
- Add the toppings of your choice then bake in a 425F preheated oven for 13-15 minutes or until your toppings are golden brown. (Depending on how many toppings you use, you might need to bake for a little longer.)
- Slice and enjoy!
The Easiest Pizza Dough Recipe We have Found!
Don’t you just hate when a recipe is frustrating and hard to follow? Well, here you have it, easy homemade pizza dough. It’s always a little tricky to bake with yeast, but we assure you that there’s nothing hard about this recipe! The best part is, you can easily double or triple the ingredients and separate the dough ball after rising for future use! You might even find that nothing beats the taste of making it yourself like we have. You can even experiment with different spices like oregano for something new every time! If you’re reading this and you’re in the area, feel free to stop by our showroom. We love to talk pizza and would love to hear about how they turned out in your gas-fired outdoor oven!